Sunday, September 7, 2008

Life since school started

Well, I got scolded for not posting for a while - so, I am catching up. School is going really well. I still have 2 Pre-K classes each day. This year is a little different in which both classes are inclusion classes with special ed. I co-teach with a PPCD teacher for each of the 3 hour classes. We weren't sure how we would like doing an all day program since we were only use to doing one class a day, but we both have really enjoyed it. Last year, I had one of my hardest years to date. I just had a challenging child that really just tested my patience and sanity. This child has moved on to Kinder. My students this year are just wonderful. I have never had kids so quiet. That is either one of 2 things - they are just shy and quiet or they don't know much. We will be getting to that this week. I will start testing on the basics to see where we are and where we need to go. Pre-K is so much different than it use to be and has changed a bunch in the 10 years I have taught. I am teaching all the stuff I learned in Kinder. Our Kinder kids start off early reading and have stepped up their teaching as well. But, to sum it up...I am having a great start to a wonderful year. I could not be happier...well, I guess that isn't true - but I am darn happy and will never complain about that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog updates and seeing pics of all the Ennis peeps! It looks like ya'll had a fun time on Artie's bday!

The Driskells said...

Yeah! An update!!!!
Thank you!
: ) Kara

Shiann Metheny said...

thanks for the update! Life does go on no matter what, huh? I'm glad you are willing to teach those children as a Christian woman. We need so much more positive influence in school! Keep it up!