Got this from a blog and planning on linking up soon...but not tonight. Thought it would be fun to talk about my Valentine since it was the day to do so. Hope you get to spend it with someone you love.
1. How long have you and your significant other been together? Artie and I have been together for 8 years and have been married for nearly 7 (March 5th)
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} Artie and I met online. A friend and I had put profiles up to see what would come of it. Artie send me a message and I did not reply. This is the picture he decided to use...
Now you know why I didn't reply. I told my mom that some guy that looked like the devil wanted to talk with me. LOL. Well, little did I know how wonderful a man and father he would turn out to be. A few months later, he sent me another message and I decided just to see what he was all about. Plus, what he wrote was really sweet. He said "I am hoping to get the chance to find out what is behind those beautiful eyes." How could you not like that? Anyway, we met for dinner that Friday night in Waxahachie and we have been together ever since...literally. I saw him every day after that. We were engaged in 6 months and married within a year.
3. If married, how long have you been married? Married for 7 years
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? We got married at my home church. It was about 200 or so people. The cake was great, company was wonderful, and the ceremony was one that I will remember as the funniest wedding every!
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share! Well, these days I usually call him "Daddy". I guess the standard...honey, sweetie, and stuff like that.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. He is SMART! My own personal MENSA member at my beck and call. He is FUNNY! We can sit for hours and talk and laugh about everything and nothing.
He is a very honorable man. He is a man that takes care of his family and others. He has always tried to put me first and
7. Tell us how he proposed? He proposed on my birthday on a vacation in Austin. Right outside the Texas Museum, we sat down under the big huge star out front and he asked me to marry him.
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? He is a "make me happy" kind of guy. If he things I need flowers, he sends them. If I need a DVD of my favorite movie that is coming out, he will do that. He changes all the time.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? I am a "let's do something together" kind of gal. Not picky...just want to do something with my sweetie.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? If we had all the money that we needed and could do anything, I would love to go overseas and spend a couple of months touring around. Realistic...would love to take some trips around the US when "V" gets older.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. Artie is actually home and we are playing catch up on our shows that are DVRed. I made salmon, lima beans, and scalloped potatoes for dinner. YUM!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? Never do and would never think of asking for something
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Be real with your partner. Don't fool yourself into thinking that everyday you are going to be just as happy as you are when you were not married and you both were goo goo ga ga over each other. Daily life is much different. But the best part is that it only gets better. What comes with being real is that you have a comfortable place to fall at all times...good and bad. You can show emotion and it is ok and validated. You can not be happy with the person you are married to, but love them so much that you choose a different attitude just to make it through the day. God needs to be alive and active in your marriage. He needs to always be the common factor in your marriage even when you don't see eye to eye.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment