Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years - 2009!

Artie and I spent our last night in 2008 at this fun little joint in Ennis called the Brown Street Cafe where the Jessie Jenkins band was playing. The owners of the cafe are church friends of ours, so they were hosting the gathering. We had a fun time just hanging out with friends as you can tell by Artie's picture of him with his New Years hat. This has been a wild year for us and our families. We have added new members to our family and lost some as well. We spent the better part of the year trying for a child and ended up with a new puppy. Our fence project that we started when we got married is so close to being finished I could nearly cry (if you saw the work we put into this fence - you would grasp the reason why I would weep over it.) We are blessed beyond measure and cherish our days together (didn't mean to rhyme). I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in 2009. I hope that you will take time to count your blessings today and everyday.

John 1:16 "From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another."




My blessing playing guitar hero until about 2:30 this morning - I fell asleep much earlier!

2 comments:

The Driskells said...

Great words! We ARE very blessed, and we always need to remember that! So glad you and Artie have a great walk with the Lord.

Cami Gilbert said...

Thank you for your sweet comment and what a great way to start your day. We can all learn from each other can't we! I will be borrowing your idea to help me with my goals. HOpe have a great weekend!